production blog

Filming blog: after school 

On December 9th  we started recording. My group and I scheduled to record after school. I was only going to film so I didn’t have to come in any costume. The only problem with the day we choose was that it was a day I had a drama meet.  One of our team members didn’t show up so it was only the three of us. George, Juliana, and me. I couldn’t make it for first half of the recording because of the  drama meet so George and Julianna had to wing it. I was in charge of recording scenes for them since it was only the 3 of us and they were the stars of the show. I met up with them after the drama meet at Dairy Queen. We walked to an empanada place near the school and got food before I recorded a scene for them. I’m not the best at holding the camera still but I tried to keep it as steady as I could and made sure to get all the right angles we needed. When we finished eating we then all walked out and I recorded another scene of them walking together right outside the restaurant. I had to record all the clips we needed since this the only chance we got before one of our members left for vacation. so it was crucial all the clips were perfect. I made sure to take multiple clips of the same thing in case one of them came out wonky. At the end of the day I had almost all the scenes in my phone gallery. Unfortunately, I couldn’t continue filming more because on of our members had an event to go to. I continued to film until the very last moment until they left. Overall, I think the filming session was very successful. I not only got to film but I got eat and hang out with my friends a bit. This filming would have definitely been easier if our 4th member would have showed up to help but nevertheless, we pulled through regardless. The filming process took around 2 hours.There was only one minor issue with one of the videos. when I got home and checked on the recordings one of the videos had recorded in slomo  so I had to edit them to speed them up to the right speed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre conventions blog: action

Group blog

Research blog