Creative Critical Reflection (CCR)

 1-  

The film uses average romance conventions. It uses basic stereotypes that would be expected in a romance film. Like for example, in romance films it would be expected to see the two main characters to be the ones to fall in love. The story line of  an average romances often revolves around two characters being in love. either having hardships/ problems that get in the way of the characters love  for each other, or a slow burn where both  sides slowly realize feelings for each other have bloomed. There are many romance tropes, but these are the ones I’ve seen the most are about. Romance films are more emotional based rather than thrill, horror, science, etc. Romances almost always end with happy endings, where both of the charcters end up together and happy.  There are a few rare occasions where both characters don’t end up together and are separated by means out of control of the characters. Ei: a character moving away or a character dying  to an illness. The film  I filmed with my forum represents young romance by having both of the main characters be two teens in love. Therefore, appealing mostly to teens and representing them. It represents them by showing a perspective of how young love is. Always wanting to hang out and being near each other, without any worry or concern for the future. The  Representation is important as it makes you feel audiences feel connected ,makes it easier for the audience to empathize, and making them feel seen. 

2- 

My groups project engages with the audience as it creates a comfortable atmosphere for couples and  young people. It allows for this type of audience to feel more seen. It gives them a media to related to. My groups film, like  most romance film offer the Audience a sense of escapism and the perspective of a “perfect love”. It provides a sense of entertainment and makes the audience feel hooked on the relationship of the characters. The audience gets to experience the emotions of the characters through the screen. The film distributes a real media text by communicating the idea of ideal romantic situations and stories. These idealized situations allow for romanticism and escapism. Communication of these lead to idealized views on romance. 

 3- 

my production skills develop throughout the project as I filmed by learning to get better angles and attempting to get better lighting in shots. This project served as more filming experience  for me and allowed me to see my flaws in my filming. As I watched  the film, I noticed small details and mistakes I made and noted them down for the next time so I am able to avoid them. While I was filming I have a wider view on how perspective and scenery affect the mood and quality of the film. Lighting, perspective, and background are all things used to create a mood in film. I now see how all three of these factors are connected and will use this knowledge to my advantage to plan the next storyboard and to film for the next film to create the perfect mood and convey the message even clearer. 

4- 

My group integrated technologies in the project by making the main source of communication electronic. Everyone  in the film depended on electronic communication to be able to meet in person. There are shots of the characters texting each other. The main characters especially. There is a shot of one of the main characters waiting for a text from the other. Technology was also used to film the musics video. It was filmed through a cellphone. Software like capcut  was used to edit the film. Software on the phone was also used for characters to message others in the shots. (Instagram and i messages)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre conventions blog: action

Group blog

Research blog